Before using this website, please take some time to read the following Terms and Conditions of trade which are in effect as of 1st April 2019. Unless specifically advised otherwise, and in writing by you, orders received subsequent to this date will be deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and will be supplied accordingly and as agreed.
General Terms & Conditions
- The Wholesale Timber Direct online website located at www.wholesaletimberdirect.com.au and www.timberdirect.com.au (referred to as the “site” or “website”) is an online building supplies catalog cart system where you can browse, select and order goods. These orders are sent directly to our sales department for clarification and conformation. Wholesale Timber Direct Pty Ltd (referred to as “Wholesale Timber Direct”, “WTD”, “we” or “us”) reserves the right to hold title of goods until goods are paid for in full.
- The ‘”buyer/s” or “customer” refers to any legal entity purchasing from Wholesale Timber Direct Pty Ltd.
- These terms and conditions listed on this page are the rules and regulations that must be adhered to in order to use this website and affiliated cart system..
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Australia. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
- The customer acknowledges never to attempt to change, hack, deface, add to, remove from or otherwise tamper with this website or any material or content displayed on any of the published website pages.
Placing an order for Products and/or Services using this Website
- As a customer, you may browse the website and order products and/or services by selecting and submitting the order through our integrated cart system. As a customer, you must acknowledge and understand that in using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this website.
- Any order/s placed through this website for a product is an offer by you, the customer to purchase a particular product/s and/or service for the price shown on the corresponding website page – including, but not limited to the delivery fee as well as other charges and taxes if applicable.
- When you, the customer, place an order for product/s and/or service/s from the site, this constitutes an offer from you to buy those products in accordance with these Conditions of Use. The team at Wholesale Timber Direct receives the order for goods or services and makes contact with you the customer to collect information or ask for more details such as payment type, delivery or pick up date and site contact. This is all completed before goods are dispatched to your job site.
- As the customer, you agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate details when asked to do so by the site or a member of our staff.
A Back Order is an order placed by you the customer for a product that is temporarily out of stock. Our staff will communicate with you to advise of waiting times and if you still wish for your order to remain active in our system. Our staff may offer you an upgraded option to fulfill your order at no extra charge to you for immediate dispatch of your product/sand/or service/s. We will endeavour to supply an item on Back Order within 20 working days of that order being placed – if this is too long a wait for you, our staff will assist in offering options for your requirement/s.
The customer agrees to comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of the site and the buyers placement of any order through the site.
Product Returns and Goods that are received as Damaged
At Wholesale Timber Direct, we have stringent processors in place to ensure and quality check all orders before collection or dispatch, however you must check any product/s delivered to you to determine if it is damaged. If a product is damaged on delivery, then you should refuse to take receipt of that order, take pictures and notify our sales staff immediately by calling 02 8880 9944. If you notice damage to a product after delivery, you should notify us within 20 days of delivery. No claims will be accepted if notice it brought to our attention after this 20 day period.
Acceptance or Rejection of an Order
At Wholesale Timber Direct, we try to fulfill each and every order that is placed through our cart system or via email/telephone. However, in some rare circumstances, unfortunately we may need to reject your order. This may need to happen where the product/s you have requested are no longer available or if there is a system error with the price or product description listed on the web page.
Please note that each order placed for product/s and/or services through the site that we accept results in a distinct binding agreement between you (the customer) and us (Wholesale Timber Direct) for the supply of those product/s and/or services. For every order we accept we will:
- Make contact with you via email/phone/SMS to confirm your order.
- Confirm payment of your order (See “Payment Methods” below)
- Supply the product/s and/or service/s as per the arrangement we make via our communications together, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
If in the unlikely event we cannot supply the order you have placed, we will communicate with you to find you an alternative or give guidance and advice on where you may be able to source the materials from.
Delivery of Product/s and/or Service/s
- We will work closely with you, our customer to ensure we deliver your goods where required, however some delivery locations are impossible to reach and our staff will assist with advice and guidance during this time. Our sales team will offer you a date and time for your delivery and we highly recommend, for you the customer to be present onsite during the unload process.
- You agree to comply with certain delivery requirements specified below and such other requirements that we notify you when you place your order through the site or via email/telephone communication.
- Our delivery driver may request yourself or the person you have authorized to receive your order for photo identification as well as signature for goods delivered. The driver may also ask to site and verify the credit card used to pay for the order.
- Please note that risk and title to the product/s is inherited by you the customer on the completion of delivery of goods to site.
Fees, Charges and Payment Methods
- After communication to you made by our staff, Wholesale Timber Direct we will charge you, and you agree to pay, the purchase price for each order/s as per the communications undertaken by both parties.
- All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and listed on this website are published in Australia Dollars (AUD) and include GST where applicable.
- The purchase price of each product is shown on website cart system at the time you place your order. Please note we are not obliged to match any prices, and prices for products in this industry change on a regular basis – we do not provide any notice of these changes.
- We accept cancellation/s of your order/s and we will refund your order value amount using the same or similar way the order was originally paid for. Please note that depending on the order, a full refund is only subject to:
- A restocking fee charged by a supplier passed onto you the customer.
- The goods are returned in the same sell-able condition they were supplied to you as.
- The item is not a special ordered or custom made item, and
- Freight fees to collect your unwanted order and bring it back to our warehouse.
- Wholesale Timber Direct accept the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, American Express). Please note that a credit card surcharge may apply for the use of these cards.
- Direct Deposit – Bank Transfer
- Cash – paid in-person over the counter at our warehouse.
- Cheque – Posted into our post box or paid in-person over the counter at our warehouse. Please note that funds must be cleared into the bank account before goods can be dispatched or collected.
If we are unable to successfully process your credit card payment for your order and no responable alternative can be made – we may cancel your order. If you choose to pay by credit card, you authorize us to debit the amount that is payable for an accepted order from your nominated credit card. You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for products through any fraudulent or unlawful means. We will provide you with a receipt at time we process your payment which outlines the total fees and charges for the product/s in your order. All prices quoted are in Australia Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST where applicable.
You acknowledge that the site is provided “as is” and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to the suitability of the site or a product for any purpose. Where any law implies in this agreement any term, and that law voids or prohibits provisions which exclude or modify the operation of such term, then the term is taken to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for breach of such term will be, if permitted by law, limited to one of the following remedies (at our option):
- in the case of services: the resupply of the services; or the payment of the cost of resupply; and
- in the case of goods: the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods), or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of this agreement or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
Please Note: Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of the site and (where relevant) your account if you breach these terms and conditions without any prior notice or warning.
We may choose to stop some products listed on this website without prior notice. If so, any orders that we have accepted will not be affected by this unless the product/s that have been ordered are no longer available from our supplier or we are prevented from supplying the product/s to you, in which case, we will communicate with you and will refund to you all valid payments received by us for these product/s in question.
Please Note: If the Customer entity act as, or is part of, a Trust/Nominee company then the provision of personal guarantee/s from the Trust Beneficiary/Beneficiaries may be required in relation to application for credit.
Changes to our Terms & Conditions
If we decide to change our terms and conditions in any way, shape or form – we will publish those changes directly on this terms and conditions page.
The entire content of this website is subject to copyright protection and no part of this website may be reproduced without the written permission of Wholesale Timber Direct Proprietary Limited.