Information Collected by Wholesale Timber Direct
- We collect information from you when you register using this website, place an order, enter a contest or quiz, respond to a survey and/or use a site feature including offering feedback. We also collect information from you during communications such as e-mail, telephone calls as as SMS text messages.
- When undertaking an enquiry with our organisation or ordering goods, we may ask you for your full name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number/s, credit card information or other information reasonably necessary for us to complete your request. You may, however, visit our website completely anonymously.
- We may collect and sort information in relation to your enquiry with us, for example your desired type of flooring, favourite decking species or that you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you when you register with our website or interact with us via email and telephone. This information includes details such as purchased and viewed products, details entered during a survey/contest/quiz or promotion, replies to marketing communication or other site features. We use this information in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience in an effort to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. For example information about structural beams as you may have visited relating pages about these structural beams.
- To allow us to offer you better, more efficient customer service in responding to your requests, enquiries and questions.
- To quickly process your transactions for goods and to allow us to be as efficient as possible for you.
- To activate a survey, quiz, contest, promotion or other site feature.
- If you have registered with our website to receive our e-mail newsletter – we may send you periodic e-mails advertising our products and promotions. If you wish to stop receiving these promotional emails, simply send an email to email@example.com with the subject matter as “Remove from Newsletter”.
How do we protect visitor information?
At Wholesale Timber Direct, we implement a diverse range of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal and company information. The information you have provided us is contained within files behind secured private networks. This information is only accessible by a limited number of staff members who have special access rights to such systems. Advanced policies and company procedures are in place to ensure your information is kept private and confidential at all times. As a customer, when you place orders or access your personal/company information, we offer the use of a secure Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server.
Do we use “Cookies”?
From time to time we may contract with third-party service providers in assisting us in better understand our site visitors. For example a website marketing company in re-designing certain pages that we know are not being visited. These third party service providers are stickily not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except in an effort to improve our business and generate a happier user experience.
Please note, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent – regardless of what browser you use to visit out website. Please use the “Help” menu of your browser to activate this option. Also note that If you do turn the acceptance of cookies off, some website functions and your experience may be restricted.
Do we disclose any information we collect to outside parties?
Wholesale Timber Direct do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. The term “outside parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you – so long as those parties agree to keep this information 100% confidential. Please note, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value and website experience, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have independent privacy policies that should be read before using their website. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content of these linked third party sites. Nonetheless, we are always seeking to heighten the integrity of our site and user experience – we welcome any feedback you may have in relation to third party links.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, feedback, comments, and concerns about privacy. We would request that you make contact with us in regards to any questions you have relating to privacy and how we use information, our contact details are:
Tel: 02 8880 9944
Fax: 02 8880 9950
Warehouse: 1 Prima Place. Arndell Park. NSW. 2148
Postal Address: PO Box 65. Doonside. NSW. 2767